How does it work? It's simple...
Add content on the left and tasks on the right - then learners login and respond with bubbles. When the session is over - export everything.
ClassBubbles provides all the online tools necessary to create, deliver and share a session on any subject.
CREATING a session....
Teachers (or facilitators) setup online sessions where they assemble digital learning content, add corresponding tasks, then invite learners to respond with tweet-like messages called “bubbles”. Teachers give each session a unique web-address, which they share verbally in the classroom; email to learners; send by text; or publish in a learning environments such as moodle. Teachers use a wysiwyg editor to add learning content to a session. This includes text; pictures; embedded video clips or presentations; links to external websites; and attached documents or downloads. The same wysiwyg editor is used to add corresponding tasks to a session. These are in the form of questions; surveys; prompts for discussion; or detailed challenges.
Summary of benefits:
- Set up a new session in seconds using a short form.
- Publish each session to a simple, unique web address.
- Protect a session with a unique security key.
- Quickly add session content and tasks with an easy-to-use wysiwyg editor.
- Enhance session content by embedding video and multimedia resources.
- Link to or embed external web pages, videos and slideshows.
- Extend session content by attaching files for learners to download.
- Re-use existing learning resources by automatically converting them to session content.
- Save time by using pre-designed session templates created by colleagues or other providers.
DELIVERING a session.....
Learners access each session by going to the assigned web address and choosing a login name and password. These login details remain active for the duration of the session. Learners use any form of web-enabled device to respond to tasks. Posting bubbles which include a combination of text, photos, hyperlinks, attached documents, videos and sound files. Learners also use mobile phones and iPods to record audio-visual content which is sent as an attachment to a random email address assigned to as task. (The content and attachment is automatically converted to a bubble.) Teachers motivate learners by providing feedback, adding comments and giving individual bubbles a ‘star rating’. If learners post abusive content in their bubbles, these are quickly deleted - or the learner blocked completely. During a real-time session, count-down timers are used to keep learners focussed and ‘on task’. For homework or distance-based learning - these are used as reminders for approaching deadlines.
Summary of benefits:
- No need to create learners accounts, they do it ‘on-the-fly’ and it remains active.
- Keep learners in-sync during real-time sessions by locking their screens.
- Maintain focus with attention grabbing countdown-timers.
- Set visual deadline reminders for distance based learning.
- Enable learners to respond with text, photos, videos, sound-clips, hyperlinks and file attachments.
- Allow learners to post bubbles using notebooks, tablets, mobile devices,and iPods.
- Extend usage by allowing learners to respond by email (including audio, video attachments).
- Display dynamically created pie-charts based on learner responses.
- Provide instant feedback and star-rate learner responses.
- Quickly block learners and remove unwanted messages.
SHARING a session....
When a ClassBubbles session is finished - all the content, tasks and learners bubbles can be printed - or exported to downloadable zip file.
Summary of benefits:
- Export the entire session as a printable pdf or downloadable zip file.
- Choose to export responses made by in individual learners.
- Create zip files containing all files submitted by learners.
- Redistribute session content by saving it as a template.
Technical features and benefits
ClassBubbles can be used anytime, anywhere, using any modern web-browser, on any platform. It fully supports iOS devices such as the iPad and iPad Mini without the need to download additional "Apps". There is also a minimised, HTML5, touch-based interface available for iOS/Android mobile devices. With bespoke single sign-on modules it can also be integrated into a school’s existing virtual learning platform, or managed learning environment.
ClassBubbles is hosted on our dedicated, ultra-fast, secure and firewalled web-servers where all data is virus protected and backed up regularly. Network administrators and users do not need to download, install or re-configure anything on their local network, computer or device.
ClassBubbles is also available as a 'white labelled' version which can be located on an alternative domain name and re-branded to suit a specific group of schools e.g. academy chains, federations, families of schools.